Martin Speckmaier, Managing Member and Consultant. Email: email@example.com Phone: 206-853-2593
Established 2004, Comprehensive School Safety, LLC provides support and resources for schools and their communities with the ultimate goal of keeping all kids safe. As an expert in school safety, Martin Speckmaier offers consultations, presentations and trainings to schools and communities that want to enhance a safe school environment physically and emotionally.
Martin began his career in law enforcement with the City of Edmonds. In his 22 years at Edmonds Police Department he served as a police officer, narcotics detective, sexual assault detective and school resource officer. Dedicated to working with students, schools, emergency responders, public health, businesses, and communities Martin successfully assessed and implemented all levels of strategies for public and school safety. Already in demand for his training and presentations for school personnel, Martin formed Comprehensive School Safety, LLC upon his retirement from the Police Department.
Clients and Partnerships include:
- Puget Sound Educational School District (PSESD)
- Law Enforcement Agencies throughout the Northwest
- Northwest Educational Service District (NWESD)
- King County Sheriff's Office
- Educational Service District 105
- Danville Police Department, VA
- Educational Service District 123
- City of Lynnwood
- Federal Way School District
- City of Edmonds
- Highline School District
- Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI)
- Edmonds School District
- WA State Criminal Justice Training Commission
- Lake Washington School District
- Western Assoc. of Campus Law Enforcement Admin.
- Tukwila School District
- California Activity Directors Assoc.
- Lake Stevens School District
- National Student Assistance Assoc.
- Kent School District
- The Assoc. of WA School Principals
- Salem-Keizer School District, OR
- Pacfic NW Assoc. of Independent Schools (PNAIS)
- City University
- Teen Truth Live Productions
- Western Washington University
- See Martin's current resume below for more information
Professional Memberships include:
- Association of Threat Assessment Professionals (ATAP)
- Washington State Law Enforcement Association (WSLEA)
- Western Association of Campus Law Enforcement Adminstrators (WACLEA) - Affiliate
- National Association of School Resource Officers (NASRO)
- Washington Security and School Resource Officers Association (WSSROA)
- Washington State Association of Multi-Cultural Educators (WSAME)
- Washington Association of School Business Officials (WASBO) - Affiliate
As a law enforcement officer, Martin's investigations have been showcased on "America's Most Wanted", Reader's Digest magazine, Seattle Times, Seattle P.I., and numerous local/national news stations.
Martin Speckmaier's Current Resume
Dr. Michele Wood Felker, Associate Consultant
Dr. Michele Felker, a Clinical Psychologist in private practice has advanced training in Forensic Assessment and has twenty years experience working in schools, colleges, university counseling centers, mental health agencies and hospitals. Contributing to the development of the first Threat Assessment Team at the school district and county level in Washington State, Dr. Felker trains and consults educators on the development of threat assessment teams and Violent Risk Assessment.
In her private clinical practice Dr. Felker specializes in developmental psychopathology. Providing assessment and diagnosis of children, adolescents and adults she focuses on psychological evaluation, forensic assessment of violent risk, custody issues and/or developmental disabilities and psychopathology. She also consults with numerous school districts on a variety of clinical and psych-educational issues.
- Member of the American Psychological Association
- Member of the Washington State Psychological Association
- Member of the Association of Threat Assessment Professionals
Randal Town, Associate Consultant
School Safety Coordinator
Educational Service District 105
For the past twenty years Randy has worked as a coordinator of intervention services and school safety. He provides crisis management, school safety training which includes site safety assessments built upon the principals of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design, gang training and technical assistance and related crisis intervention services. In addition he travels nationally and internationally providing crisis management training for interested school districts, he developed the "Regional Crisis Response Team" in conjunction with all public schools within ESD 105. He is the co-developer, and co-author of Quick Response, A Step-By-Step Guide to Crisis Management for Principals, Counselors and Teachers, published by The Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development.
Randy is currently working with the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission providing leadership in the development and delivery for School Security Officer Training encompassing the entire State of Washington.
Randy is a board member of the Washington School Safety Organization, sits on the Washington State School Safety Advisory Committee and serves as Co-Chair of the State Gangs & Schools Study Taskforce.
In addition to his employment within the educational arena he is currently a Yakima County Deputy Sheriff; Reserve Unit, for the past 14 years and currently holds the rank of Sergeant. As a result of his experience in education and law enforcement he has been able to link both services together to enhance safety plans, policies and procedures. He has recently received Yakima County Sheriffs Office Medal of Valor for service above and beyond the call of duty.
Randy has BA and Masters degrees in Psychology and Counseling.
Dr. Rudy Lorber, Associate Consultant
Dr. Rudy Lorber is a Neuropsychologist who is Nationally Board Certified in Cognitive and Behavioral Psychology and in School Psychology, and is a Fellow in the Academy of Cognitive and Behavioral Psychology and in the Academy of School Psychology. Dr. Lorber’s research and national presentations have focused on neuropsychological and behavioral disorders and the development and expression of aggressive behavior. Ongoing advanced training has included threat assessment , emotional trauma, and disaster mental health.
For more than thirty years Dr. Lorber has conducted in-depth forensic assessments of children, adolescents, and adults regarding the underlying neuropsychological, psychopathological, and behavioral factors that may foster threatening and aggressive behaviors. Additionally, Dr. Lorber has consulted with schools and organizations throughout the country regarding mental health issues, including those that can result from post threatening and disaster situations. Since coming to Washington State in 2009 Dr. Lorber in his Private Practice, Puget Sound Neuropsychological Services, Inc., has continued to conduct multi-faceted assessments of and provided intervention for individuals displaying aggressive and threatening behaviors. In 2011 Dr. Lorber and Mr. Speckmaier presented Using Neuropsychological Test Data as an Aide in Conducting A Threat Assessment Inquiry for the Northwest Chapter of the Association of Threat Assessment Professionals.
Professional Memberships include:
- American Psychological Association
- Association of Threat Assessment Professionals
- National Association of School Psychologists
- International Association of Trauma Professionals
Carolyn Pedersen, Associate Consultant
Carolyn Pedersen, consultant with Comprehensive School Safety, LLC has over 14 years of experience in Human Resource Management, Leadership Development, and Safety and Security Consulting. She has a Master of Arts in Applied Behavioral Sciences specializing in Leadership in Human Systems. Carolyn assists school administrators, district professionals and community members to prevent and manage school violence.
Carolyn's clients include schools and universities in the Northwest, as well as many public and private corporations. Carolyn is a professional member of the Society for Human Resource Professionals.